Thursday, April 1, 2010

Ode to the Truffle


I heard some terrible news this morning from the Starbucks barista as Pat and I were pulling up to the window for our daily coffee fix. Starbucks is discontinuing their Espresso Truffle drink. You may think this is not as tragic as the war in Afghanistan or the passing of the recent healthcare bill, but that's probably because you haven't tasted this amazing drink.

I stumbled upon the Espresso Truffle accidentally a couple years ago when I decided to order something new at Starbucks, and I haven't looked back since. For those deprived people who have never tasted an Espresso Truffle before, I ask you, WHY IN THE WORLD NOT?? Starbucks combines their signature hot chocolate with milk and espresso and tops it off with whipped cream which results in a rich flavor that tastes exactly like a chocolate truffle. For those people who want a boost but aren't big on the "coffee flavor" of coffee (I am not one of these people, but I have heard of these crazy individuals) you need to try this drink. And for those people who love coffee and chocolate like I do, you have no excuse. I have recommended this drink to people so many times that Starbucks needs to start paying me for their marketing. And yet, all my efforts were for nothing.

Espresso Truffle, you had me at the first sip. Now what am I supposed to do? Was it me? I can change! I'll drink 2 Espresso Truffles a day! I wasn't ready for this, things were going so well. And all this time I thought we had something good.

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad to hear about your favorite drink disappearing!!! I havent tried this one and now its going away?!?! So not fair! I so need to try this drink.....I am going to see if I can find in the morning just in case its still in circulation in the burg...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really should, and let me know what you think! The lady at Starbucks said some of the stores had already stopped making it. It's just so chocolatey and good.... sigh

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails