Tuesday, June 29, 2010

One man's trash is another woman's treasure

My in-laws were in town this past weekend. It's always so much fun when they come into town because there's never really a game plan, we just go with the flow and fun stuff always happens. This time, and we took advantage of their time here by eating too much, watching movies, and one of my new favorite things - going garage saling! I knew I liked going garage saling before, but I think I love it after this weekend.
My mother-in-law and I were as prepared as you possibly could be for our adventure. The night before, we went on Craig's List and looked up local garage sales in the area, then we mapped out the ones we really wanted to go to through Mapquest. In the morning, we woke up at 6:30 am, ate a healthy breakfast, packed umbrellas in case of thunderstorms (well, my mother-in-law did anyway, my pregnancy brain made me forget mine) headed out to see what we could find.

We had planned out 11 different stops, but on the way we were lucky enough to find others near our planned destinations, so we probably ended up going to 17 or so. I was exhausted by the end since we were out for 7 hours (with a stop to Hancock Fabrics and Chick-fil-a) but it was so worth it, we found tons of great stuff!!



A cute decorative box that is now sitting on top of my kitchen cabinets.....



some fun pictures of different veggies to hang in my kitchen.....

some shirts for myself that I found for $0.50 each (!!)...



some cute prints that I'm planning on refashioning into clothes for Haley...



....and one of the best finds - a Little People barn for Haley that we found for $2.00!!

She LOVES the little barn, it makes sounds when she opens the stable doors and presses other areas on the barn. Unfortunately, the set didn't come with a horse so as you can see, her My Little Pony is standing in for now. I also found 2 shirts for the hubby ($1.00/shirt - brand new!) and packages of Pampers diapers for 1/3 the price I would normally spend at Sam's Club. The total amount I spent was about $35.00 for everything. I'm never shopping at another store again (until next week anyway.)

What fun things have you found while garage saling?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You DID find some great stuff! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your in-laws are fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Becky: yeah, they're ok ;) Shelly is a pro at garage saling, I have a lot to learn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails