Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Balloon wreath


Of all the things I made for my daughter's Up!-themed birthday party, the balloon wreath is the very first thing I did. Since a major part of the movie Up! is centered around balloons, I knew I had to make a balloon wreath for the front door to set the theme. I got the inspiration for the wreath from this one on How Does She? I put my own spin on it, and this is what I came up with!

Supplies:
  • Styrofoam wreath form
  • Crepe paper
  • Balloons
  • Greening pins (u-shaped pins found in the flower arranging section)
  • Embroidery floss
  • Hot glue

First, wrap your wreath form in crepe paper, gluing at the ends with hot glue. If you want to use something sturdier, wrap your wreath form in fabric. I went the easy route, but crepe paper is fragile so you have to watch out for tears as you wrap.


Next, take your greening pins and a balloon and stick them to your wreath form. You want to push the greening pin in around the middle of the balloon to secure. Make sure your balloons are close together so they hide the greening pins.


Repeat this process to make a cluster of balloons. To finish, wrap some embroidery floss around the wreath and glue at the ends.


And now you have a cute balloon wreath, perfect for an Up! birthday...or any birthday party really.




Check out my sidebar to see where I link up each week!

9 comments:

  1. Jen, that is SO cute! Bright, fun, festive...love it! Would you consider sharing it here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/shine-on-fridays-19-and-some-fabulous.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really adorable! I love how you did your own take on the balloon wreath. I would love it if you would consider linking it up to my Pinworthy Projects Party (http://www.justusfourblog.com/2012/03/pinworthy-projects-linky-2.html)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your spin on the balloon wreath! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen! That wreath is just adorable! Thanks so much for the great tutorial of how to make it. I saw your post over at "Sundae Scoop" party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jen

    I love your wreath. Its so lovely and perfect for a birthday party. I found your lovely blog on mommy by day crafter by night link party.

    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this!! I'm going to feature you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is AMAZING!!! My daughter's birthday is this weekend, and I'll definitely be making this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Party perfection! Consider, if you will, sharing with my readers over at http://sassafrassalvation.blogspot.com/2012/03/sasss-sunday-salvation-show-17.html

    Hugs,
    Sass

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just for all my stuff to make this for the birthday girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments! I try to respond to each of them through email so please make sure you leave an email address or have your profile set up to include your email address if you want me to respond :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails